Friday, August 2, 2013

NSV



I have lost 26.5 pounds since April 1st.  This is something to celebrated.  Here are a few of my tips and favorite things that have gotten me this far.  


I am not exactly sure when I  started "The Gym Jar" sometime in March I think?   Every time I work out I put a dollar in it.   Once I reach a $100 or more I am going to treat myself to a new outfit.  I was curious to see how much I had so far and to date I have $61!   That's a lot of blood, sweat and tears!  I found this idea on pinterest.


This is the gym jar I made myself

 
Last summer Courtney Crozier had a summer challenge and every week she would have a new challenge whether it was mental, physical or something to do with nutrition.   This got me to thinking about having my own monthly Challenges.  I started it last September and every month since then.  In July my challenge was to not eat any fast food except Subway and to workout four times a week.  Here's how I did.  The app is called Streak and I absolutely love it.
 


I had a few slip ups but 80% is great! 

 

16 work outs for the Month I always go stronger at the end of the month. 
 
This months challenge is to eat a salad everyday for either Lunch or Dinner.  It might sound easy but I am not a big fan of vegetables.  I think this will be a great way to get my greens in. 
 
 
 
 PRODUCTS I LOVE RIGHT NOW!
 
 
 
Awhile ago Jen from priorfatgirl.com posted that that she found this new app called Fit Radio.  I was getting bored of Songza so I thought I would give it a try.  If you love DJ mixes I highly recommend it.  It's free so what do you have to lose!
 
Looking for workout tunes that play at least 128 bpm? Fit Radio has those and a lot more, all streamed to your phone or PC free of charge.
 
 
 
Have you tried Pop chips???   They are my favorite!   I have been telling everyone I know to give them a try.  They are all natural and low in calories  it's great when you are having a chip craving.  BBQ is my favorite and no I don't work for this company lol  I buy the little serving size bags from Costco and keep them in my truck to avoid eating too many. 
 
 
 
 
I have gained a couple of pounds in the last couple of weeks.   I wanted to post a few things about my NSV (non scale victory's) 
 
1.  Customers at work have commented on my weight loss.  
 
2.  It's been a long time since I have been able to do this!   Especially without using a wall to balance myself. 
 
 

 
3.  I am faster at playing sports such as tennis and racquetball.  Running has also help with this.  
 
4.  All my clothes that where too tight are fitting or getting too loose.  I need to buy some new underwear they are falling off of me lol
 
5.  I went to a clothing store to try on some new outfits and I wasn't disgusted by my reflection.  Its been a long time since I have felt that way or even ever!  Running has really leaned me out. 
 
6.  I am starting to see my collarbones and I can feel my shoulder blades and my hip bones!   
 
 I hope all my Canadian friends have a great long weekend!  I will  be camping and hoping to get a hike in as well. 
 
Thanks for reading :) 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your very, very positive blog today. Wonderful accomplishments and observations. Everyday you inspire me. Mom Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks for sharing your favorite things. I love the salad idea. I may try that as well! JKP

    ReplyDelete

joylynnquinn@hotmail.com