Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Get out of your head

In the past few months I have had a lot to reflect about.  Firstly, I am more focused and aware of my eating. I am not perfect but I have found ways to work around it.  For example, going out to restaurants "dessert"  is not in my vocabulary anymore.   I can still enjoy a meal with friends or with Rob I just have to eat a little differently than " non sugar addicts." I have also used working out as a tool to deal with my frustrations. 



My second reflection has to with  road blocks with my exercise:  spraining my ankle twice, stomach flu and most recently the flu!  But this, is part of life, sometimes you get sick or injured and you have to find ways to work around it or watch your food intake even closer. 



My last reflection is about clothes shopping, it has become a pleasant experience!!!  I went to a clothing store named Ricki's(  http://www.rickis.com/)  to try  on some pants.  Instinctively I reached for the biggest size which was 36.  I pulled them on  they were way too big!   I thought it must be a mistake, so  I tried another pair and then another.  All still too big. What a moment to be in a "regular" store and not to feel Fat!  Two years ago the biggest size would have been hard to button up and I am truly proud of my hard work and dedication.   



I had a different experience in another store, Le Chateau (www.lechateau.com) this is a store I have  not been to since my mid-teens.  (I am now 31)  I walked in,  and I actually felt that I did not belong in there and nothing would fit!!  ( if you have ever watched Pretty Women with Julia Roberts, you know the scene were she walks into a store on Rideo Drive and the rude sales lady tells her "Are you sure your in the right store? etc. etc. " looking her up and down like she did not belong.   Well that was how I was feeling walking into the store.   I imaged a skinny girl coming up to me  telling me "I'm sorry but nothing is going to fit you here, you might want to go to Addition Elle.")  Of course  this was all in my head!  And I am happy to write that the tops I did try on all fit and looked pretty good.  Sometimes you have to do intimidating things to succeed and feel a sense of accomplishment. 



Last little comment.



My goal is to lose 20 pounds  by April 11, 2012.  That is the day I leave to go down south! I did a little math, with cutting some calories from my diet.    I still will need to burn 3500 calories a week to reach my goal. 



This week was a bumpy start due to the flu.   But I was still able to burned 1350 cal.     The next eight weeks I plan on sticking to my weekly goal and reaching a 20 pound loss.    I even posted it on my facebook,  so I can be held accountable and not slip up.  Ha ha



Well there is my rant for tonight.  Thanks for reading.



1 comment:

  1. Learning to be able to bounch back is such a great skill. Life is filled with little and big set backs some expected and some unexpected ...... knowing yourself and knowing what works for you mentally, spirtually , physically well it my opinion is a skill you'll nedd through your life......you becoming like the "Betty Whites" of the world. She's a true inspiration at 90!!! Don't you think? This blogging has been great for you , never give it up , use through the good times and bad times. mq

    ReplyDelete

joylynnquinn@hotmail.com