Sunday, November 27, 2011

Listening to the kind words you say to others

I was at work speaking to a co-worker who is going through a tough time.  He is very depressed, drinks alcohol to self medicate, shows up late for work and is  sleeping all the time he is a very unhappy 22 year old.  I tried to tell him "Things will get better it just takes time, you have to patient with yourself."   I do relate to him,  it can get frustrating at times when you feel like you are doing the right things and your are still not happy.  But by searching and learning I believe you will find happiness! I am starting to learn something about failure,  be aware of what didn't work, adjust and  try again!

Tomorrow I will begin eating healthy again, of course  it won't be easy but I know if I set my mind to it I can do it! When I am feeling moments of weakness I will think of Pepere ( my grandfather)  He was able to be sober from alcohol for over 30 years, quit smoking cold turkey,  and lose weight.  I want to make him proud!  Today is the  day!  Bring out the pom poms!

1 comment:

  1. Joy, two yoga poses according to Dr. Mark Hyman that might help your sleep issues are the the corpse and legs up the wall pose. He recommeds about 15 minutes in each pose about one hour before you're ready for bed. Apparently before he became a Doctor he was a yoga teacher. He says these are easy poses but effective . Let me know if not eating 3 hours before you go to bed helps . Remember it takes time to change old habits so continue to be patient with yourself .....finding different ways to keep your mind mind calm and a restfule sleep and weight lost will follow....remember the mind and body are connected and sometimes we forget that or at least I did ..... I'm so proud of you for helping your co-worker , so when you get home go hug your man, and your two pussycats .....Love M. Q.

    ReplyDelete

joylynnquinn@hotmail.com